The Wage & Investment Division (W&I) serves about 122 million taxpayers who file upwards of 94 million returns each year. W&I provides high-quality taxpayer assistance, and enable taxpayers to transact and communicate electronically to file their returns and make payments.
See Other Information for Locations.Learn more about this agency
WHAT DOES AN EDUCATION SPECIALIST DO? As an Education Specialist you will provide training needs assessment, analysis, design, development and be responsible for the evaluation of instructional materials. In addition you will identify, analyze, and coordinate data to be included in a user friendly web site that meets customer needs.
As an Education Specialist you will:
- Assist with the analysis, planning, organization, technical direction, development, review, and evaluation of learning events.
- Analyze previous course evaluations and determine the best methods of presentation for the complete course/module.
- Develop guidelines, instructional methods, course materials, training aids, and new or improved applications in the fields of educational technology and e-learning.
- Design, development, and maintain web-site applications for Learning and Education that address customer needs.
- Monitor web site content to ensure it remains current and accurate
- Analyze, provide technical direction, and evaluate computer-based training and on-line help of performance-support systems.
- Assist with the analyses and compiling of software and hardware needs to improve training and cost effectiveness.
If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Occasional travel - Travel locally and/or overnight 1 to 5 days per month possible.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/536229700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.