WHAT IS THE Large Business and InternationalDIVISION? The Large Business and International (LB&I) business unit provides service and enforcement activities to support tax compliance of businesses and related entities with assets of $10 million or more, as well as small U.S. businesses engaged in international, U.S. citizens abroad, and foreign persons and businesses with a U.S. tax requirement.
See Other Information for Locations.Learn more about this agency
WHAT DOES A REVENUE AGENT REVIEWER DO? Revenue Agent Reviewers use their recent experience to review examinations of the largest corporations, individuals, partnerships or fiduciaries. These entities often have extensive subsidiaries, diversified activities, multiple partners, and have national or international scope. As a Revenue Agent Reviewer, you will also use your oral and written communication skills to engage with peer reviewers and revenue agents, work on special review projects relating to operational and technical matters and serve as an expert in quality examination standards.
As a Revenue Agent Reviewer, you will:
- Conduct independent reviews of cases examined by LB&I examiners by evaluating evidence and information used to support the examiner’s conclusions to determine if documentation and case development are adequate to support the auditing standards.
- Follows applicable procedures for case review and processing.
- Interprets and applies the auditing standards in accordance with established guidelines, performs analyses of statistical data, provides feedback when required and may conduct management studies to identify trends in the examination of tax returns based on observations made during the review of cases.
- Review examinations with integrated analysis of intricate and complex accounting systems, business activities, and financing.
- Apply an expert knowledge of the Internal Revenue Code, rulings, court decisions, and agency policies, regulations, and practices to determine the correct tax liability and evaluates the content of new and modified legislation and assesses the impact on the program.
- Develop review procedures to be used in accomplishing assignments, and develop time estimates for completion of each case review.
- Promotes awareness of program objectives and procedures by communicating program information through presentations, memoranda and/or other methods and develops and distributes instructional material when appropriate.
- Prepares, maintains and updates program/desk procedures and composes written responses to examiners, managers and other customers.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
25% or less - I-5 nights per month
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/536184100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.