The Wage & Investment Division (W&I) serves about 122 million taxpayers who file upwards of 94 million returns each year. W&I provides high-quality taxpayer assistance, and enable taxpayers to transact and communicate electronically to file their returns and make payments.
See Other Information for Locations.Learn more about this agency
WHAT DOES A LEAD REMITTANCE PERFECTION CLERK DO? As a Remittance Perfection Lead you will be responsible for a variety of technical processes essential in the research and identification of remittances to specific taxpayer accounts. In this position you will deal with every tax type, Master File, and available research source to resolve unidentified remittances within a specified time frame.
As a Remittance Perfection Lead you will:
- Initiate and perform detailed research to identify taxpayer and ensure proper credit of payments received.
- Research status of accounts, pattern of previous payments, types of tax due, appropriate transaction codes, filing requirements, tax periods, and due dates to properly post payments.
- Secure missing information and determine correct application of payments when all other forms of research prove inconclusive--Perfects IMF, BMF, EOMF, IRAF, EPMF, and NMF tax forms.
- Perform teller functions for cash remittance receipts, reconcile differences and process payments.
- Prepare various reports of a recurring nature in draft and/or final form.
If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/536165000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.