WHAT IS THE SMALL BUSINESS/SELF-EMPLOYED (SB/SE) DIVISION? The Small Business/Self-Employed (SB/SE) Division provides examinations and taxpayer education services for about 7 million small businesses and upwards of 33 million self-employed and supplemental income taxpayers.
See "Other Information" for Locations.Learn more about this agency
WHAT DOES A LEAD FINANCIAL TECHNICIAN DO? As a Lead Financial Technician you will work as a leader over employees engaged in accomplishing financial clerical work. In this role, you will be engaged in examining income tax returns covering a wide variety of tax liability issues through correspondence and telephone contact with the taxpayer. The work covers a wide range of programs involving current and prior year tax rules, regulations, and procedures. Cases worked are primarily Individual Master File (IMF), however, due to the wide range of programs and issues involved you may also work Business Master File (BMF) issues as well.
As a Lead Financial Technician you will:
- Distribute, balance, monitor and report on workload in accordance with established workflow or job specialization; Assure equitable distribution among employees and timely accomplishment of assigned work load.
- Amend or reject work not meeting established standards and refer to supervisor any problems on meeting performance standards.
- Maintain current knowledge of procedures, policies and directives; answers questions; and provide both classroom and OJT instruction to employees.
- Resolve simple informal complaints, refer others to supervisor; report on performance, progress and training needs of employees and on disciplinary problems.
- Perform administrative duties in the absence of the manager.
- Make suggestions concerning personnel actions and recognition of outstanding performance.
- Perform work that is the same kind and level as the employees led.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at http://www.jobs.irs.gov/
Occasional travel - 1 - 5 nights per month
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/536150600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.