WHAT IS THE WAGE & INVESTMENT DIVISION? The Wage & Investment Division (W&I) serves about 122 million taxpayers who file upwards of 94 million returns each year. W&I provides high-quality taxpayer assistance, and enable taxpayers to transact and communicate electronically to file their returns and make payments.
See Additional Information for Locations.Learn more about this agency
WHAT DOES A MANAGEMENT AND PROGRAM ASSISTANT DO? As a Management and Program Assistant you will perform a wide range of duties in IRS Business Units. These duties include researching specific programs or issues, collecting relevant statistics and other data, and assisting in preparing reports with supporting tables, charts and illustrations. Management and Program Assistants use word processing, database and spreadsheet software to prepare and create memos, reports and records in final form.
As a Management and Program Assistant, you will:
- Assist others in performing analytical and technical work.
- Identify potential, actual problems and probable causes and provide recommendations for resolution.
- Research special issues and gather pertinent statistics or information.
- Prepare memoranda, preliminary reports, spreadsheets and charts showing findings of recommendations.
- Perform administrative tasks (e.g., filing, timekeeping, organizing/coordinating meetings and conferences, ordering office supplies, etc.)
- Revise procedures, guidelines, and controls as a result of changes in higher level procedures.
- Use database or spreadsheet software to prepare a variety of documents.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Occasional travel - Travel locally and/or overnight 1 to 5 days per month possible.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/536139500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.