The Science Mission Directorate (SMD) at NASA Headquarters will fill multiple Program Scientist positions in the Earth Science, Heliophysics, Planetary Science, or Astrophysics Divisions and SMD Front Office. For the Earth Science Division, one position will focus on physical oceanography and a second position will focus on cryospheric sciences. The duties below apply to all five divisions. Click here for more information: https://science.nasa.gov/about-us.Learn more about this agency
- Plans, directs, and leads the integration of cross functional scientific programs in various technical disciplines.
- Implements balanced programs across the breadth of a science portfolio within technological, scientific, budgetary, and programmatic constraints.
- Oversees research and analysis programs for peer reviews to include the development solicitation, and evaluates scientific merit proposals.
- Develops recommendations to management for selections that integrate peer review and programmatic considerations, initiates and monitors research contracts, grants, and cooperative agreements.
- Provides innovative and implementable solutions that are strategic and tactical, and in alignment with the priorities of NASA, and national guidance.
- Communicates, engages, and builds consensus with multiple stakeholders, including the scientific community, external advisory committees, senior NASA leaders, interagency and international partners, and programs and projects at NASA Centers.
- Manages multiple and competing responsibilities using effective time management and organizational skills.
- Actively promotes diversity and inclusiveness, within NASA appointed teams and committees, and within the science community.
- ***Credible research experience documented in an established professional publication/journal is highly preferred but not required***
Occasional travel - Travel may be required for training or other work-related duties
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/536123800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.