WHAT IS THE WAGE & INVESTMENTDIVISION? The Wage & Investment Division (W&I) serves about 122 million taxpayers who file upwards of 94 million returns each year. W&I provides high-quality taxpayer assistance, and enable taxpayers to transact and communicate electronically to file their returns and make payments.
See "Other Information" for Locations.Learn more about this agency
WHAT DOES A PRINTING SERVICES SPECIALIST DO? Printing Services Specialists satisfy requests for printing and publishing services of printed and electronic products, central to all aspects of the agency’s printing and publishing programs. You will provide coordination necessary for design, compliance with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act, requirements and distribution analysis, initial delivery, order fulfillment, and obtaining customer satisfaction. As the focal point for the customer base, you will be required to advise customers and management officials on major publishing programs, highly visible, and complex publishing systems as well as producing, posting, and procuring products.
As a Printing Services Specialist you will:
- Perform printing and publishing services required of assigned customer base serving as the first point of contact for all technical aspects of printing and publishing requirements.
- Identify needs, establish guidelines, develop schedules, assist with planning and program coordination, and perform periodic production meetings with customer base during meetings with program officials.
- Conduct quality assurance inspections to insure that the contractor awarded the bid has adequate production facilities to produce a quality product in a timely manner and with authority to make immediate and on-site decisions.
- Analyze the requirements, use, application, function and need for products and make alternate proposals ensuring accuracy, adequate documentation, arrangement of statistics, and placement of illustrative materials. Evaluate the overall effectiveness of publications and forms programs and improve printing procurement and distribution methods to reinvent processes satisfying customer and management needs in the publishing areas.
- Develop distribution patterns and establish stocking points for new publications, forms, and other printed matter based on analysis and statistics.
- Ensure electronic products are accessible to the audiences that need them by complying with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
- Prepare procurement requisition documents for printed and electronic products and statements of work ensuring accurate descriptions of requested services.
- Formulate, initiate, and execute plans to acquire products establishing schedules and procedures for monitoring performance and hold periodic planning meetings with customers explaining current multimedia capabilities relevant to their products, program, or project.
If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Occasional travel - 1 to 5 Nights a Month
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/536074400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.