In this position you will support and perform assignments in program management, cooperative relations, and administration related to wildlife biology, ecology, and management. The work is primarily focused on feral swine damage management. Feral swine damage management involves providing guidance and support to reduce problems associated with feral swine.Learn more about this agency
- The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity.
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Provides technical support for Wildlife Services? operational control, population monitoring, damage assessments, outreach, and research activities with feral swine.
- Assists in developing training programs for cooperating state and federal agency personnel working on feral swine damage management projects.
- May represent the National Feral Swine Damage Management Program at various meetings, councils, and conferences to provide program overviews.
- With assistance from Wildlife Services? National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) staff assists in preparing required scientific and administrative program reports.
- Participates in developing and conducting training, on-the-job developmental activities, and fills temporary details to support various Wildlife Services? activities.
- You may perform procedures on feral swine including capture, restraint, marking, and transport; collection of biological data and samples; chemical immobilization; and euthanasia and necropsy
- May be called upon to work with NWRC scientists or assist research efforts by participating in field studies.
- You will be required to take extensive training and recurrent training to ensure competency for addressing program issues
Occasional travel - "Travel for training and work assignments may be required."
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/536045000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.