The Wage & Investment Division (W&I) serves about 122 million taxpayers who file upwards of 94 million returns each year. W&I provides high-quality taxpayer assistance, and enable taxpayers to transact and communicate electronically to file their returns and make payments.
See Other Information for Locations.Learn more about this agency
WHAT DOES A LEAD CONTACT REPRESENTATIVE DO? As a Lead Contact Representative, commonly referred to as a Lead Customer Service Representative, you may serve as a representative who carries out a full range of responsibilities in resolving issues and obtaining information relative to the tax administration process. You will serve as a work leader over employees performing work on the customer service toll-free system used by the public to resolve issues and obtain information about tax administration. In this role, you will often support employees within the unit in providing a full range of administrative and technical assistance to individuals and/or businesses by telephone and/or correspondence. This work involves a diversity of issues/problems related to a wide range of tax processing regulatory requirements and procedures administered by the Internal Revenue Service.
As a Lead Customer Service Representative you will:
- Perform work that is of the same kind and level as the employees being led.
- Distribute, balance, monitor and report on workload in accordance with established workflow or job specialization. Assure equitable distribution among employees and timely accomplishment of assigned workloads.
- Amend or reject work not meeting established standards and refers to supervisor any problems on meeting performance standards.
- Maintain current knowledge of procedures, policies and directives, answers questions, and provides both classroom and OJT instruction to employees.
- Resolve simple informal complaints; refer others to supervisor, report on performance, progress and training needs of employees and on disciplinary problems.
- Perform administrative duties in the absence of the manager. Make suggestions concerning personnel actions and recognition of outstanding performance.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/536022400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.