The Oklahoma City Veterans Affairs Healthcare System is seeking a full-time staff physician to be an Interventional Cardiologist. This position is located in our Medicine section. The Oklahoma City VAHCS is a tertiary care facility serving Oklahoma and part of Northern Texas and an integral part of the educational and research mission of The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center.Learn more about this agency
Include but are not limited to:
- Incumbent must be an expert in cardiovascular diseases and have significant experience in all aspects of interventional cardiology and related devices. Incumbent should provide support to the function of the outpatient Cardiology clinics, the inpatient consultation service and the on-call requirement.
- Incumbent will be responsible for the design and achievement of quality of care standards, efficiency, process improvement, and patient satisfaction surrounding Interventional Cardiology.
- Incumbent will be expected to practice in accordance with professional standards, core values, and with a commitment to service excellence.
- Incumbent physician is expected to provide comprehensive patient care in the form of invasive, non-invasive, consultative, and inpatient/outpatient cardiology care.
- Moderate Sedation Privileges and certification required
- Fluoroscopy privileges and certification
- Central venous line insertion and management
- Intra-arterial lines insertion and management
- Interpret EKGs
- Interpret holter monitors
- Use of thrombolytic agents
- Arterial puncture
- Temporary trans venous pacemaker placement
- Intra-aortic balloon pump insertion and management
- Percutaneous coronary intervention, cardiac catheterization and angiography
- Peripheral arterial interventions
- Stress test interpretation
- Debulking devices including CSI atherectomy, rotablator, laser Angiojet for intervention for cardiovascular diseases
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Recruitment/Relocation Incentive: May be authorized for well-qualified candidates.
Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP): This position is eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), a student loan reimbursement program. If selected for this position you must meet specific individual eligibility requirements, and submit your application within four months of appointment. The final award amount (up to $200,000) and eligibility period (one to five years) is determined by the VHA Education Loan Repayment Services office.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/535994100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.