The position is assigned to Departmental Administration, Office of Property and Fleet Management, Property Management Division. The mission of the Division is to develop, improve and maintain USDA's real and personal property programs to include property acquisition, utilization and disposal, fleet management, transportation management, and aviation management. The purpose of the position is to serve as Chief, Property Management Division.Learn more about this agency
- Provides administrative and technical supervision of Property Management Division employees.
- Develops, coordinates, and implements strategic plans to include mission, goals, objectives, in order to improve Department-wide property management program policies, practices, methods, and organizational structure.
- Resolves complex program issues and provides authoritative guidance; and coordinates requirements in the formative stages of program initiation, project design, project implementation, and management of ongoing property management programs.
- Serves as an expert consultant on the most challenging property management issues; and provides advice and guidance on undefined issues and elements for programs essential to the Department's mission.
- Provides expert analysis and advice on USDA property management programs and reconciles conflicts between basic policies and program goals.
- Serves as the USDA asset manager for the acquisition, utilization, and disposal of the most complex Federal personal and real property portfolios.
- Oversees a portfolio of assets that are especially complex, extensive, and sensitive, with extremely high dollar values in terms of operating budgets and fair market value.
- Serves as a coordinator and representative for key management officials for major portfolio and asset related issues.
- Provides comprehensive program oversight, including assessment, liaison assistance and policy development and interpretation for USDA's Leasing Program.
- Monitors construction standards, environmental, energy and economic performance controls, space utilization, and field office locations.
- Responsible for the implementation of various laws, regulations and Executive Orders, especially as they relate to real property cost savings, sustainability and greenhouse gas reduction initiatives.
- Represents USDA and provides liaison with USDA agencies, OMB, GSA, GAO, and other Federal agencies and private sector and nonprofit organizations in property management activities and working groups.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/535941800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.