The Oklahoma City VA Healthcare System's Surgery Service is recruiting a Comprehensive Ophthalmologist. The incumbent is primarily responsible for providing Ophthalmology care to veterans both clinically and surgically to a high pathology population of cataract, glaucoma retinal disease and diabetic patients.Learn more about this agency
Include but are not limited to:
- Examine and treat patients functioning as a comprehensive ophthalmologist clinically and surgically and determine the need for surgical or non-surgical treatment of routine, urgent or emergent patients.
- Perform preoperative evaluations and informed consent for patients.
- Perform minor and major ophthalmic surgical procedures.
- Perform intravitreal injections for retinal diseases including exudative age related macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy.
- Perform laser procedures for retinal diseases as well as anterior segment lasers such as PI, YAG, etc.
- Proficient with ancillary testing including Ocular Coherence Tomography, ultrasound, fluorescein angiography analysis.
- Perform surgical procedures related to injuries and diseases of the eye and visual system.
- Collaborate with other physician specialists and medical staff in overall treatment of patient's medical conditions.
- Complete clinical charting and documentation appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Supervise ophthalmology residents in clinic and in surgery.
- Ensure appropriate post-operative care and follow-up is conducted on patients.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Recruitment/Relocation Incentive: May be authorized for well-qualified candidates.
Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP): This position is eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), a student loan reimbursement program. If selected for this position you must meet specific individual eligibility requirements, and submit your application within four months of appointment. The final award amount (up to $200,000) and eligibility period (one to five years) is determined by the VHA Education Loan Repayment Services office.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/535941700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.