The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.
*See other information for locationLearn more about this agency
WHAT DOES AN EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT DO? As an Executive Assistant, you will assist the Chief Diversity Officer and Deputy Chief Diversity Officer on matters and/or issues related directly to the Equity Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) Division. You will be responsible for high level assignments, internal and/or cross-functional projects, often of a confidential nature. These assignments and projects may include the review and development of briefing papers, presentation, broad policy and operational objectives and strategies as they relate to the function, which often require integrating and/or coordinating efforts and activities across organization lines, including the Office of the Commissioner/Deputy Commissioner, other Operating Divisions, and functional organizations. This position is under the direct supervision of the Chief Diversity Officer and as such you will be expected to have great rapport with others and great familiarity with the EDI function, its mission and the work performed in support of this mission. As an Executive Assistant, you will be responsible for the oversight of EDI’s Front Office operations to ensure effective and efficient use of resources.
As an Executive Assistant in the Office of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) you will:
- Plan, perform and/or coordinate the most significant types of managerial and/or technical assignments encompassing the entire program and functional areas of EDI including Strategic Analysis, Human Capital Management and Operational Resources.
- Assist the Senior Leadership Team in the administrative tasks and managerial assignments required for the effective and seamless operation of the EDI office; conduct quality reviews of all correspondence originating from the Chief Diversity Officer’s office; and implement the Chief Diversity Officer’s administrative and management decisions and assures accomplishment of the desired results
- Coordinate with the Senior Leadership Team across all functions, in the development of briefing documents for the Chief Diversity Officer’s use in reporting operational readiness/effectiveness to the senior levels of leadership of the IRS and Treasury Department, Oversight Committees, and external stakeholders.
- Render professional and technical assistance in the general management of operations, including utilization of resources, and takes part in the formulation of policies, development of program plans, in the design and issuance of directives and instructions, organization efficiency and in the development of recommendations to improve the effectiveness of the program areas under the Chief Diversity Officer.
- Manage the oversight of EDI’s Front Office to ensure effective and efficient operations; analyze proposals directed to the Chief Diversity Officer for approval, decision, or review and develops recommendations for consideration and action; and develops and maintains a proficient level of expertise, skills, and knowledge and accomplishes the tasks and duties efficiently, timely, and with high quality, dealing with others as needed to promote effectiveness and productivity.
- Prepare public speaking material using various media types such as PowerPoint/Word/Excel for the Chief Diversity Officer and the Deputy Chief Diversity Officer and represent the Executive Leadership Team in contacts with IRS officials, representatives of other agencies and non-government organizations, and various committees and task forces as needed.
- Independently or as a leader of an ad hoc group, undertake special studies and investigations and analyze technical, operational, and administrative problems which exist or may arise in one or more offices or programs.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Occasional travel - 1 to 5 Nights Per Month
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/535893000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.