WHAT IS THE HUMAN CAPITAL OFFICE DIVISION? The HCO mission is to make IRS an employer of choice and a leader in human capital planning and management. It develops strategies and tools for recruiting, hiring, developing and retaining a highly skilled and high performing workforce to support the IRS mission.
See Other Information for LocationsLearn more about this agency
WHAT DOES AN EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST DO? An Emergency Management Specialist completes a wide range of functions involving a number of both interrelated and unrelated work methods, procedures, and systems supporting management of the IRS Security Program. In this position, you will determine whether to grant, deny, revoke, suspend or restrict access to electronic systems or to IRS offices. Your advice, guidance, or results affect the development of major aspects of security program definition and administration throughout the agency.
As an Emergency Management Specialist you will:
- Review computer and communication systems to assess and evaluate compliance with administrative security procedures, internal control measures, and effectiveness of security safeguards to resolve complex information security issues.
- Prepare written reports of findings that include identification of areas requiring corrective actions and recommendations for appropriate security safeguards.
- Provide expert consultation and support taking appropriate action to resolve outstanding issues.
- Implement the Security Awareness Program, prepare training materials, and conduct security awareness presentations.
- Review output from system configuration scanning tools (ex: LEM Checker, VI-SSS), and other automated systems compliance checking tools to ensure systems are compliant.
- Provide support in the development, maintenance, and testing of Information Systems Disaster Recovery.
- Participate and monitor exercises that simulate incidents to assess the adequacy and effectiveness of Disaster Recovery Plans, identify and monitor actions to eliminate weaknesses.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Occasional travel - 1 to 5 nights a month
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/535881200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.