About the Position: This is a Supervisory Interdisciplinary, GS-13 position with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Southwestern Division, Fort Worth District, Regional Planning and Environmental Center (RPEC). This is a full-time and permanent position that may be filled in Fort Worth, TX; Galveston, TX; Little Rock, AR; or Tulsa, OK. The duty location chosen for this position is at the discretion of management and will be determined at the time of selection.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as Section Chief, responsible for overall acquisition and administration of large indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity cost-reimbursement and fixed price remediation contracts.
- Responsible for overall execution and programmatic coordination of the Regional Planning and Environmental Center's Air Force and International and Interagency Support (IIS) environmental programs.
- Evaluates staff performance, gives advice and counsel on work and administrative matters, interviews candidates for employment, and recommends personnel actions.
- Directs the development of contract scopes of work; contract selection, negotiation; contract acquisition planning; contractor technical management, contractor evaluation for the Branch.
- Responsible for overall administration of contracts/task orders awarded on behalf of Branch.
- Reviews scopes of work and cost estimates originating from the Section to assure that consideration of field construction conditions and cost reimbursement features, and reasonableness of estimated materials, labor, and equipment are included.
- Negotiates changes with contractors pertaining to costs, site conditions, level of effort required, regulatory requirements, and other changes in the original requirements.
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position up to 30% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/535847500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.