Learn more about this agency
View the Common Definitions of terms in this announcement.
Applying to this announcement certifies that you give permission for DHS to share your application with others in DHS for similar positions.
As an Attorney Adviser, Investigative Counsel in the Whistleblower Protection Unit (WPU) at the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Office of Inspector General (OIG), Office of Special Reviews and Evaluations, you will conduct sensitive, impactful, and high-profile investigations of allegations of whistleblower retaliation made by DHS employees, contractor employees, and others.An example of recent published WPU work is
- Whistleblower Retaliation Report of Investigation Regarding Alleged Reprisal Against a USCG Lieutenant Commander.
Typical work assignments include:
- Conducts whistleblower retaliation investigations and prepares reports of investigation.
- Plans, executes, and adapts investigative plans, including through conducting interviews, requesting documents, developing a factual record, and applying that record to applicable laws and policies.
- Conducts legal research and legal analysis involving difficult problems of law to provide advice in the areas of whistleblower protection, whistleblower reprisal, and prohibited personnel actions.
- Monitors, examines, evaluates and tracks proposed legislation for the OIG.
- Conducts complaint intake to determine whether complaints, supplemented by complainant interviews, meet the legal and factual requirements of a whistleblower retaliation complaint warranting initiation of an investigation.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/535842900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.