WHAT IS THE WAGE AND INVESTMENTDIVISION? The Wage & Investment Division (W&I) serves about 122 million taxpayers who file upwards of 94 million returns each year. W&I provides high-quality taxpayer assistance, and enable taxpayers to transact and communicate electronically to file their returns and make payments.
See “Other Information” for Locations.Learn more about this agency
WHAT DOES A TECHNICAL ADVISOR DO? The Technical Advisor (TA) serves as an expert advisor and assistant to the Director of Wage and investment (CAS) Submission and Processing In this capacity, the TA is responsible for high level, special cross-functional programs and projects, often of a confidential nature, and delegated by the Director. In addition, the TA supports the Director on highly complex, crosscutting, and technical issues. Responsibilities include planning, coordinating and implementing related technical and resource management projects and programs within the Research, Analysis, and Statistics Organization.
As a TECHNICAL ADVISOR
- Independently or as a leader of an ad hoc group, undertakes special studies and investigations on taxpayer compliance, taxpayer burden, efficient allocation of IRS resources, enforcement revenues or other topics assigned. Plans and/or accomplishes special projects.
- Represent the executive in contacts with high level IRS officials, representatives of other agencies and non-government organizations.
- Assist the executive in creating and establishing enterprise research strategy and goals that enhance compliance.
- Assist in the allocation of resources and the establishment of performance measures and goals for the business unit.
- Provide oversight to ensure goals, strategy, and policies are clearly communicated to employees to achieve the desired results.
- Analyze proposals referred by the research service-wide community, or those directed to the executive, for review, approval, or decision.
- Develop, establish and maintain adequate processes for review of work products and projects to assure technical and administrative completeness and accuracy. Conduct final review of policy or precedent setting information prior to dissemination. Pursue appropriate follow-up to ensure that decisions are you will:implemented as intended.
- Evaluate information relating to policy setting recognizing the need for consistent and accurate application of technical and/or procedural positions and the establishment of clear precedents. Formulate, determine and influence courses of action affecting adoption of research service-wide policy.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/535805000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.