You will serve as an ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST in the ENTERPRISE INFORMATION SYSTEM COMMAND of SPAWARSYSCOM.Learn more about this agency
- You will support the Procuring Contracting Officer (PCO) in providing business advice to the customer in formulating acquisition strategies from requirements definition through the life of the system.
- You will perform all pre-award and post-award functions, use a wide range of complex contracting methods and complex and hybrid contract types, as well as assisting the customer in planning for life cycle maintenance.
- You will participate in planning the overall approach to meet the programs' objectives by procuring a variety of requirements with multiple complexities associated with major systems acquisitions.
- You will research, interpret, analyze, and apply Federal, DoD, and Department of Navy guidelines, including the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and its supplements.
- You will assist in the preparation and maintenance of acquisition plans, appropriate milestone charts, and related schedules.
- You will serve as an advisor to program officials in acquisition planning meetings, including advising program officials of the acquisition objectives and strategies to be used and in the preparation of statements of work.
- You will review contract terms and technical specifications to identify any special requirements.
- You will perform cost analysis using all available information, such as comparing previous cost history, actual expenditures, and established rates.
- You will conduct post-award conferences with the contractor to clarify contractual requirements and special provisions.
- You will actively participate in Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) to prepare, negotiate, and award complex contract modifications.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/535752500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.