About the Position: This position serves as the Division Chief for Programming in Army Futures Command (AFC), Resource Management Directorate located in Austin, TX. AFC exists to modernize the way the Army does business by creating a space of endless possibilities to explore, develop, and test new methods, organizations, and technologies. Visit us on www.armyfuturescommand.com and join the team leading the Army into the future!Learn more about this agency
- Supports the DCMA Financial Management Component Functional Community Manager (FM CFCM) in the administration of the FM Certification Program.
- Provides advice and guidance to the Commander AFC, Headquarters Staff and subordinate AFC organizations
- Recommends concepts and techniques necessary in managing the AFC HQ and organizations and appropriated funds.
- Executes and reconciles the budget in the General Fund Enterprise Business System and/or other financial and programming systems.
- Coordinates the resource management activities of the agency, supports activities, and the managers of the agency.
- Participates in Congressional, OSD, HQDA, and higher headquarters programming and budget reviews.
- Provides expert advice and guidance to the Director and Commander on the management of resources.
- Identifies deviations from management plans, identifies trends which may have adverse financial effects, makes current and long-term projections, and analyzes costs of programs to assist in decision making.
- Responsible for the execution of administrative and personnel management functions related to the accomplishment of the assigned mission for the entire Command. Plans organizational structure and staffing needs.
- Determines qualifications and/or specialized skills required, requests recruitment actions, interviews applicants referred, and makes selections for appointments, promotions, etc., in the Directorate.
- Plans work to be accomplished by subordinates, sets and adjust priorities and prepare schedules for completion of work
- Assigns work based on priorities, selective consideration of the difficulty and requirements of the assignment and the capabilities of employees.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/535745900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.