This position is in the Environmental Management Department at VA Maryland Health Care System. The Veterans Affairs (VA) Maryland Health Care System is a dynamic and progressive health care organization dedicated to providing quality, compassionate and accessible care and service to Maryland's veterans. This position has openings at Baltimore VA Medical Center location.Learn more about this agency
ResponsibilitiesThe applicant functions as a Housekeeping Aid with in Environmental Management Service programs. The applicant works in a variety of patient and non-patient care areas to provide a health healing environment. The primary purpose of this position it to provide cleaning services including but not limited to inpatient and outpatient care areas, research, clinical laboratories, outside grounds, administrative work spaces and other hospital work areas throughout the VAMHCS. The applicant is scheduled for varying of rotation shifts to included weekends. Applicant receives daily assignments from his/her or another assigning supervisor, work leader or other designated personnel in charge.Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Maintain floors, walls, ceiling, doors, baseboards and stairwells by sweeping, dust mopping, damp mopping, scrubbing, stripping, refinishing, polishing and vacuuming
- Empty trash cans and waste baskets; replace liner and carrying refuse and trash to central locations
- Utilize cleaning chemicals according to ratio direction and adhering to safety precautions
- Move and arrange furniture, vacuum and shampoo carpets
- Discharge cleaning of patient beds, change bed linen and towels,
- Receive clean linen, delivering same as directed
- Collect soiled linen for transport from facility
- Maintaining acceptable sanitation standards in assigned area(s) in accordance with medical center policy
- Report any safety or fire hazards to immediate supervisor
- Perform assigned duties without causing avoidable interference to patient care
- Maintain good public relations by being courteous, tactful, and diplomatic in all contact with patients, visitors, and staff
Promotion Potential: The selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower grade level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level.
Work Schedule: The applicant is scheduled for varying of rotation shifts to include weekends.
Position Description Title/PD#: Housekeeping Aid / 16048A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/535717600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.