You will serve as a Production Lead in the Littoral & Strike Warfare Department of NAVAL SURFACE WARFARE CENTER (NSWC) Port Hueneme Division (PHD).Learn more about this agency
- You will manage and direct the members of the branch in technical matters.
- You will be involved with projects related to the building of systems, sub-systems, or standalone projects such as a small cable production or kitting effort.
- You will create production schedules, assign technicians to various build projects, create data and knowledge capture tools, and determine efforts related to production or efficiency.
- You will oversee procurement tasking, inventory management, internal software tools, and identify appropriate metrics valuable for production.
- You will interpret engineering drawings to make technical decisions, conduct drawing reviews, and determine correct configuration of deliverables based on specifications.
- You will provide systems engineering expertise in the technical management of modernization projects.
- You will analyze factual information in order to identify the best solution for ship construction or modernization issues.
- You will verify ship construction and modernization efforts are being conducted in accordance with shipbuilding guidance, policy and procedure.
- You will provide engineering technical services during installation/integration or test/evaluation efforts.
- You will evaluate proposed electronics system design changes, advanced development changes or system improvements.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/535662300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.