Explore a new career with the BLM - where our people are our greatest natural resource.Learn more about this agency
For additional information about the BLM, please visit Our website.
The position is located in Sacramento, CA. Information about Sacramento and the local area can be found here: Sacramento Chamber of Commerce.
- This position serves as a Planning and Environmental Specialist located in a State Office and is responsible for reviewing resource management planning activities in the field.
- Ensures that Resource Management Plans (RMP), Environmental Impact Statements (EIS), and Environmental Assessments (EA) documentation meets prescribed quality standards and is in compliance with environmental laws, regulations, and policy.
- Provides interpretation, guidance, program leadership and training for the development of major planning efforts and their associated National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) documents for District/Field/State Offices.
- Serves as the planning and NEPA technical liaison between bureau offices and other Federal, State, local government and private entities.
- Provides responses to lawsuits, protests, and appeals.
- Prepares and monitors the planning and NEPA budget for subordinate offices and ensures document projects are completed within the prescribed cost target.
- The position will serve as state-wide Natural Resources Planner.
Physical Demands: The work is primarily sedentary in an office setting and may involve periods of crisis-oriented effort requiring long hours of work and related stress. Occasional instances of lengthy driving and travel in standard commercial convenyances to visit district offices or participate in interagency meetings is anticipated.
Work Environment: The work is typically performed i a normal lighted, heated, and ventelated office in Sacramento and in BLM Field Offices. Trave can involve up to 20 percent of time. The majority of travel is limited to less than three days and seldom over a week's duration.
Occasional travel - For meetings, field office/National Monument assistance, and on-site work.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/535630800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.