You will serve as an Office Automation Assistant in the Office of the Vice President for External Affairs, Visual, Electronic & Publication Design Center of the UNIF SRVS UNI OF THE HLTH SCI.Learn more about this agency
- You will review incoming correspondence and determines the action required and its priority.
- You will perform a variety of receptionist and other clerical and administrative functions, using judgment to answer recurring questions and resolve problems.
- You will maintain and order office supplies, as requested by other staff members.
- You will answer routine inquiries or refers to staff members.
- You will operate computer, peripheral equipment and appropriate software to perform various computer operations in support of office operations, such as producing reports, maintaining databases, and inputting time cards and travel order information.
- You will print and route hard copies of incoming email or routes electronically to other terminals or work stations as designated.
- You will perform system maintenance functions for electronic mail systems, following established procedures.
- You will prepare and edit written correspondence, ensuring proper use of English grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- You will consolidate information for various reports in accordance with established procedures and deadlines.
- You will prepare reports presenting data to meet reporting requirements.
- You will use basic and advanced program functions to perform such operations as updating and revising databases, and searching for and retrieving data for reports.
- You will transmit, receive and acknowledge electronic mail and messages.
- You will establish and maintain suspense files to ensure timeliness of actions.
- You will follow up on suspense dates to ensure that required actions and responses are made within deadlines.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/535581100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.