*Amended to delete Competitive Service as a hiring path* *Amended to change 2nd Cutoff date to 8/19/2019 (previous date 10/8/2019)*
WHAT IS THE PRIVACY, GOVERNMENTAL LIAISON & DISLOUSRE DIVISION? PGLD is responsible for safeguarding and protecting sensitive taxpayer and employee information while promoting government transparency and accountability through better access to government information..
See Other Information for Locations.Learn more about this agency
WHAT DOES A MANAGEMENT AND/OR PROGRAM ANALYST DO? Management and Program Analysts serve as staff analysts and advisors to management on the effectiveness and efficiency of assigned program operations. The programs are complex and involve and impact multiple Internal Revenue Service (IRS) locations and/or organizations. Management and Program Analysts are responsible for the full range of staff program responsibility including analysis, development, planning, testing, implementation, administration, evaluation and reporting of assigned major programs.
As a Management and Program Analyst you will:
- Direct, plan, and coordinate complex analyses of planned or proposed programs, projects or processes considering factors such as impact on customers, other programs and procedural changes, staffing, training and support requirements, risk factors, costs and available alternatives.
- Prepare evaluations and provide guidelines pertaining to the effectiveness of complex program operations which involve and impact multiple IRS locations and/or organizations
- Participate in formal or informal studies, either independently or as directed by management. Formulate projects, proposals, makes recommendations on priorities, scope, timing and techniques for management consideration and decision.
- May serve as project manager responsible for accomplishing various analytical studies and/or projects involving complex programs, systems and issues that impact multiple IRS locations and/or organizations.
- Identify problems, best practices and emerging issues. Develop, recommend and facilitate process improvements and planning options, and report results to management.
- Review and assess the impact of new and/or proposed legislation on operations and/or systems. Prepare guidelines, instructions, and other documents to introduce new initiatives and to recommend effective operations consistent with policies and objectives pertaining to assigned program area.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov.
Occasional travel - 1 TO 5 NIGHTS PER MONTH
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/535578800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.