THIS POSITION IS COVERED BY A UNION AGREEMENTLearn more about this agency
This position is located in the Persian News Network (PNN) of the Voice of America (VOA). Incumbent is assigned to the Central News and Production Unit (CNPU) within PNN, and as a part of the CNPU, the incumbent may be assigned to work on any program being broadcast by PNN. He or she is responsible for the flawless on air execution of live Persian television programs, including the production of high quality packages.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Ensures that all the production elements, packages, graphics and chyrons in the show are accurate and shown in order, while communicating the reports/segments with the on-air talent.
- Incumbent must be precise with an ability to display clear comprehension in communicating vital program/ production information, e.g. satellite placement, requests for live and taped studio facilities and crew.
- Works closely with the CNPU Producers to provide input and advice as to the best format or method to achieve the program objectives.
- Incumbent may be assigned to field produce shoots and turn around to edit news and feature packages. He or she is also responsible for directing an on-location production when required.
- Views all visual materials including opens, closes, bumpers, roll-in packages, graphics and chyron information to confirm accuracy and on-air worthiness.
- Keeps abreast of the media climate in the target region to ensure the competitiveness of TV and radio programming in the marketplace. Regularly reviews programming and advises on aesthetic look and quality of television packages.
- When required, he or she assists in booking appropriate high-level spokespersons, from a wide range of sources including world leaders, government officials, the private sector, and academic, cultural, and social institutions, as guests on the Division's television programs.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/535566400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.