About the Position:Learn more about this agency
The U.S. Army Audit Agency serves America's Army by providing objective and independent audit services. You will have the opportunity to apply critical thinking skills to conduct performance audits, examining the effectiveness, efficiency, accuracy, relevance and safety of Army programs. You will investigate, analyze, and help develop conclusions and recommendations presented to the highest levels of Army leadership about critical Army programs.
- Develop audit programs of high priority complex audit and consulting efforts.
- Evaluate audit resources and timeframes, and recommend changes to programmed requirements.
- Review draft findings of audit teams and revise as necessary to ensure that conditions, causes, effects and recommendations are properly presented and supported.
- Prepare significant action reports, executive digests, and reports of material weaknesses for the Army Secretariat and staff.
- Conduct exit conferences with Army officials to present audit conclusions, defend results, justify recommendations, answer questions on audit methodologies, and resolve differences.
- Brief results of audit to other service audit agencies, Office of the Secretary of Defense, and/or Congressional officials.
- Participate in the official command reply process, and defend or develop suitable alternatives during report mediation and adjudication process.
- Plan work to be accomplished by subordinates, setting and adjusting short-term priorities, and preparing schedules for completion of work.
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/535555800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.