Explore a new career with the BLM - where our people are our greatest natural resource.
For additional information about the BLM, please visit Our website.
This position is located in El Centro, CA. Information about El Centro can be found here: El Centro Chamber of Commerce.
A relocation incentive will be offered.Learn more about this agency
This position serves as the Field Manager at the El Centro Field Office. The El Centro Field Office is located in the Imperial Valley of southern California, and is home to renewable energy, transportation, wholesale, and agricultural industries. There are two international border crossings nearby for commercial and noncommercial vehicles, and easy access to nearby metropolitan areas such as San Diego. El Centro is a great place to live and work!
- Responsible for overall program direction, execution, and review of all activities within the Field Office.
- Interprets Departmental and Bureau policy and directives as they affect Field Office planning and programs.
- Coordinates land & resource planning & management with representatives of other agencies, Federal, State, and local governments, the general public, and with private landholders.
- Develops, implements, and manages a program of conservation and management of land and resource programs including long and short term planning.
- Directs administrative activities in support of operational programs entailing a responsibility for ensuring a sound organization of the most effective and efficient utilization of personnel, equipment, material, and financial records.
- Responsible for the technical and administrative supervision of a large and complex staff which requires managing work through subordinate supervisors, team leaders, and/or contractors who each direct substantial workloads.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, implementing and evaluating a broad array of complex resource management programs requiring intensive multiple-use management and protection of a variety of resources.
- Manages programs in all, or most, of the following areas: energy and minerals; designated wilderness; range management; realty; wildlife habitat; outdoor recreation; archeological and paleontological; soil, water, and air; range improvement; and off-road vehicle.
Occasional travel - For meetings, trainings, and site visits.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/535522400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.