The position(s) covered by this vacancy announcement is in the Department of Defense (DoD) Acquisition Workforce Personnel Demonstration Project (AcqDemo). For more information please see: ACQDEMOLearn more about this agency
This position is part of the Department of Defense .
As a AUDITOR at the NH-0511-4 level, some of your typical work assignments may include the following:
- Organizes, plans, directs, and conducts audits, reviews, assessments, audit follow-ups, inquiries, and analyses to support the agency mission and to assure effectiveness of MDA programs.
- Develops audit programs for financial, performance and operational audits. Formulates new approaches for the execution, development, modification and application of audit methodologies, and determines and recommends overall technical approaches to continuing work.
- Monitors compliance with quality control policies and procedures by performing or reviewing Independent Referencing Reviews for IR audits.
- Develops recommendations on all aspects of MDA's program operations for senior management to improve policy, procedures, manpower utilization, administrative efficiency, and the expenditure of funds. Assesses the impact and probable ramifications of implementing such changes. Develops a plan of action and applies a proactive approach of negotiation methods to reach agreement or resolution involving complex issues related to audit coverage.
- Develops and proposes IR policy and procedural guidance to address MDA-unique audit issues and reviews of MDA programs to safeguard resources. Ensures IR's examination of MDA component structuring, management controls, work processes, and overall program status. Assesses the adequacy of existing organizational efforts in terms of total mission, goals, and objectives, and recommends modification/initiation of new objectives or directions, in order to meet quality standards outlined above.
- Develops short and long-range plans and goals, sets and establishes deadlines and priorities for major projects, identifies ways to improve production or increase the quality of work directed. Coordinates efforts with those of other MDA elements and other activities performing related work. Establishes and maintains working relationships with other program evaluation organizations within MDA, DoD offices, and government organizations to evaluate and review program actions.
- Analyzes and interprets directives and guidance from senior management that pertain to overall MDA mission objectives; and develops and proposes related local policy and procedural guidance to address MDA-unique issues concerning audits and various reviews of MDA programs to safeguard resources.
Occasional travel - you may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/535488800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.