THIS IS AN ARMY NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a GS-0201-12 SUPERVISORY HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST (MILITARY) (TITLE 32), Position Description Number D2003000 in FAC 1310 and is part of the MO Directorate of Manpower and Personnel.Learn more about this agency
APPOINTMENT FACTORS: This is a Permanent Excepted Service position. This is a non-bargaining unit position.
- Performs duties as primary advisor to all levels of management that apply to military personnel management.
- Oversees the development and administration of multiple military programs in order to maintain or increase overall personnel readiness.
- Establishes the program, develops methods to achieve objectives, analyzes the needs of the service members for educational programs, oversees the implementation and operations of the incentives program, and serves as the State test control officer.
- Plans, operates and administers the operation of the military personnel automation systems.
- Coordinates actions of a variety of human resources management functions.
- Implements DoD and NGB policy regulations in support of service members.
- Advises service members on retirement benefits, eligibility, and survivor benefits.
- Issues Notice of Eligibility for retirement benefits to service members.
- Coordinates, convenes, and/or participates in boards for Enlisted Branch which implements enlisted personnel management, establishes policy and guidelines in accordance with US law, regulations, and directives.
- Coordinates, convenes, and/or participates in boards for Officer Branch which implements officer personnel management, establishes policy and guidelines in accordance with US law, regulations, and directives.
- Oversees management of the line of duty, incapacitation pay, warrior transition unit, active duty medical extension, medical retention processing, and medical boards.
- Performs duties with the responsibility of the periodic health assessments.
- Oversees the management of soldier readiness processing, soldier readiness check, mobilization deployment, readiness exercise, liaising with mobilization and demobilization stations.
- Supervises full-time permanent employees.
- Trains employee(s) in assigned duties and responsibilities and provides work assignments for the employees taking into consideration employees? capabilities.
- Establishes performance standards and evaluates work performance.
- Advises and counsels employees.
- Interviews candidates for positions, and approves selection.
- Establishes priorities and ensures technical quality of work products.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/535416900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.