*The "How To Apply" section of this announcement is amended to clarify options for applying.Learn more about this agency
This is an Excepted Service position under Title 42. Applications will be accepted from all groups of qualified persons, including Public Health Service Commissioned Corps officers. No previous federal experience is required. This appointment does not confer any entitlement to a position in the competitive service and may provide entitlement to Merit Systems Protection Board (MSPB) appeal rights.
As the Division Director the incumbent will:
- Plan, manage, organize and direct all programs, surveys and research activities of the Division carried out by subordinate supervisors/team leaders and the highly trained and skilled staff of professional statisticians, behavioral scientists, health scientists, epidemiologists and medical officers.
- Exercise leadership to ensure all programs under his/her direction reflect the principles of workforce diversity in their management and operations in such areas as recruitment and staffing, employee development, staff assignments and communications.
- Initiate decision making processes and projects, and participates fully in discussions and decisions concerning NCHS and CDC plans, programs, and activities, both in strategic planning and in the actual determination, allocation and administration of Division programs, functions and activities.
- Direct the overall planning and direction of the analytical program of the Division, both methodological and substantive, toward the production of a continuing series of published reports, special analytical releases, publication in professional journals and presentation at professional meetings.
- Represent the Division in dealing and negotiating with individuals representing other components of NCHS, CDC and the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS); other Federal agencies; State and local public health departments, and national and international health organizations; professional and voluntary health organizations; and public interest groups.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/535408100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.