THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 5 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.Learn more about this agency
This National Guard position is for a ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN, Position Description Number T5763000 and is part of the WY 243rd Air Traffic Control Squadron, National Guard.
This position is located in the Air National Guard (ANG), 153d Airlift Wing, 243d Air Traffic Control (ATC) Squadron, Radar, Airfield, Weather Systems (RAWS) Section. The purpose of the position is to provide technical expertise to maintain and certify Air traffic Control and Landing Systems (ATCALS). This includes performing investigation, analysis, diagnosis, testing, tuning, correction, optimization, alignment, and verification/certification to ensure continuous and reliable operation of air traffic control and landing and communication systems.
- Certifies assigned systems and sub-systems to ensure compliance with USAF and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) established standards and safety requirements. These systems include ASR, PAR, TPX-42 and STARSLITE. ATCALS cannot be used unless certified by the employee.
- Installs, modifies, tests, repairs, overhauls, calibrates, maintains, evaluates, and certifies performance of complex integrated and interfacing electronic systems.
- Acts as expert technical consultant to determine whether systems are operationally acceptable and safe within the prescribed standards and tolerances for air traffic control and air navigation.
- Assists in flight check inspection and joint acceptance of newly installed equipment and/or major modifications to the system(s) as required.
- Collaborates with FAA flight inspection personnel regarding in-flight and/or ground check tolerances and makes on-the-spot determinations as to what actions to take to return system(s) to operable condition.
- Maintains inspection and certification records that are required by technical orders, applicable regulations, and operating instructions.
- Uses sophisticated stand-alone test equipment and built-in-test equipment (BITE) to investigate, test, calibrate, analyze, isolate, and correct malfunctions in integrated systems or subsystems.
** This is NOT an all-inclusive list of duties. **
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/535399800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.