You will serve as a Mechanical Engineer in the Technical Department, Engineering Division, Re-Entry Systems Branch of Strategic Weapons Facility, Atlantic (SWFLANT KINGS BAY.)Learn more about this agency
The NH-03 pay band encompasses a salary range of $74,596 to $115,313. The salary range shown in this announcement represents the full range of the position. However, the salary for this position may be limited to $100,530.
- You will be responsible for providing strategic and tactical missile and Strategic Weapon System (SWS) engineering support for SWFLANT production areas, the Fleet, and other designated activities.
- You will serve as a project engineer responsible for performing assignments in support of the planning, implementation, and execution of missile system/SWS component processing (i.e., design, development, production, test, repair, maintenance, etc.)
- You will perform assignments with a focus on the numerous mechanical and electronic systems/components comprising overall Trident missile system, associated weapons, and components.
- You will exercise continuing oversight over contractor plans governing a complex of facilities, equipment, machinery, and operations to be installed for accomplishment of missile/SWS mechanical and electronic system/ component processing.
- You will evaluate system/component processing requirements through review of specifications, drawings, and numerous plans governing system/component assembly, test, repair, maintenance, reliability, maintainability, etc.
- You will conduct extensive studies and analyses to determine the most timely and cost effective plans of effecting the required processing while still assuring resulting system/component quality.
- You will review and recommend approval or disapproval of resulting processing plan revisions or contractor justifications for deviating from the directed system/component processing approach.
- You will administer continuous surveillance over contractor implementation of approved missile/SWS electronic and mechanical system/component processing approaches.
- You will conduct continuous assessment of missile/SWS electronic and mechanical system component technology to identify and incorporate the latest requirements into processing operations.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/535382300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.