This position is located in Region 3, Office of the Regional Administrator R3, Superfund and Emergency Management Division, Preparedness and Response Branch, Western Response Section, in Wheeling, WV. For more information on this office, visit their website: https://www.epa.gov/aboutepa/epa-region-3-mid-atlantic.
If selected, you must work at the location stated in this announcement.Learn more about this agency
At the entry level of this position, you will:
- Participate in response to the release of oil and/or other hazardous materials as directed by senior On-Scene Coordinator (OSC) or supervisor.
- Assist the senior OSC to exercise warranted Contracting Officer functions in accordance with the Delegation of Procurement Authority (DPA) from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Office of Acquisition Management.
- Assist the senior OSC to conduct official investigations and/or inspections pursuant to all federal laws administered by the U.S. EPA, for both fund-led and enforcement-led removal responses.
- Provide assistance with planning, prevention, and preparedness activities related to health and environmental hazards resulting from releases of biological, chemical and/or radiological agents.
- Participate in the monitoring of removal responses that involve hazardous waste as directed by the senior OSC or supervisor and perform public relations activities.
When entering a Federal job at a grade level lower than the highest promotion potential level, you may be promoted to more complex duties and work more independently, as your career progresses.
You will spend less than 25% of your work time on contracts, grants/cooperative agreements, and/or interagency agreements.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/535371800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.