This position is located with the Portland Forestry Sciences Laboratory in Portland, OR.Learn more about this agency
This position is a member of the Portland Information Management team in the Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) work unit of the PNW RMA Program. Please visit http://www.fs.fed.us/pnw/rma/fia-topics/index.php for more info.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Donavon Nigg at Donavon.Nigg@usda.gov or 503-808-2012.
- Provides technical advice for the collection, compilation, storage, analysis, reporting, and distribution of strategic annual multi-resource forest inventory data.
- Provides technical expertise and consultation in the areas of biometrics, geospatial analyses, data visualization and analytics, field and office inventory techniques, and data applications.
- Provides feedback and communicates changes necessary to develop, improve, and enhance the methodologies and databases concerning the extent, content and trends of the nations forest, tree, and other vegetation resources.
- Develops improvements to the procedures used for collecting, verifying, compiling, and summarizing strategic inventory data.
- Tests computer programs to ensure accurate and statistically consistent operation, and identifies problems and bottlenecks in the information management system and makes corrections and improvements.
- Collaborates and consults on many inventory-related projects to satisfy the requirements of data users and research scientists.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required 1-2 times per year for training and meetings.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/535324800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.