Announcement amended closing date extended to 18 June 2019.Learn more about this agency
Announcement will have a first cutoff of one week 6 June 2019, applicants found eligible, that submit a complete application packet prior to that date(s) will be given first consideration.
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is for Citizens and Non-Citizens within West Point's local commuting area. This area is defined as: Orange, Rockland, Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess, Ulster, and Sullivan counties.
- Provides a full range of HR services for managers and employees; advises management and employees on complex personnel issues.
- Performs extensive technical and specialized work in the areas of staffing, pay administration, training, employee benefits, portability of benefits, and regulatory compliance to address and resolve routine and complex issues
- Responsible for recruitment and placement, screening and rating applications, determining preference categories, creating and issuing referral lists, extending job offers, and ensuring selectees meet requirements for entrance on duty.
- Develops and delivers briefings, project papers, status/staff reports and correspondence to managers in order to analyze issues and bottlenecks in the recruitment and placement area.
- Advises management on a wide range of staffing matters (e.g. recruitment strategies, workforce shaping/business-based actions, recruitment methods, special pay incentives, etc).
- Monitors, directs, trains and oversees a team of lower graded Human Resources staff.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/535313500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.