The Technical Career Field (TCF) is a national workforce development program within VHA that was designed to replenish technical staff in critically identified positions. The incumbent of this position serves as Budget Analyst for the medical center operating budget, including all phases of program planning and analysis. Determines requirements and establishes priorities, provides guidance to managers and supervisors concerning formulation, planning, and execution of the operating budget.Learn more about this agency
The TCF career fields represent those technical fields where VA-specific knowledge and experience is desirable for success in the field. Individuals selected follow a formal training plan for two years during which they are trained, coached, and supervised by a preceptor. Preceptors are selected annually, through an extensive application process, for their technical expertise, their commitment to training and the suitability of their facility as a training location. *Selectees will be required to sign Mobility, Training, and Continued Service Agreements.
This is a developmental position leading to a GS-11, performing assignments intended to broaden skills and provide practical experience leading to progressively more complex assignments performed under progressively less supervision. The selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower grade level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level.
- Performs routine and recurring budget administration duties which facilitate the conduct of more complex and detailed review and analysis functions conducted by the supervisor and higher-graded coworkers;
- Gathers extracts, reviews, verifies, and consolidates a variety of narrative information and statistical data needed in the formulation and presentation of budget requests;
- Prepares preliminary budget estimates and reviews justifications for a few relatively stable program and/or program support activities;
- Receives, screens, and recommends approval, disapproval, or modification of budget execution documents (e.g., requests for allotments of funds, requests for personnel action to fill vacancies, and travel orders) when such recommendations can be made on the basis of availability of funds and compliance with regulatory requirements;
- Collaborate with various program officials in preparing replies to VHA funding inquiries; and
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Work schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Telework: Not available
Position Description Title/PD#: Budget Analyst - TCF Intern/12206-A
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/535235600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.