These positions are located in the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Economic Research Service (ERS), Food Economics Division, Market and Trade Economics Division (MTED) or Resource and Rural Economics Division located in Washington, DC or to a location negotiable upon selection.Learn more about this agency
Note: ERS may be relocated outside the Washington, DC area to a location to be determined.
- Collect, process, and interpret raw data to determine the significance of the findings.
- Clean, analyze, and manage large complex datasets.
- Utilize the following statistical or data management software to conduct economic analyses: Excel; SAS, STATA or other statistical software; R Python, SQL or other equivalent programming languages; and Tableau or other data visualizations software.
- Communicate economic concepts and economic analysis in an academic setting or professional forum.
- Perform research for a complex economic study focusing on the farm and/or the food sector, as related to commodity or food markets, or on U.S. agriculture related to environmental or production issues.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/535226500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.