This position serves as an Intermittent Motor Vehicle Operator of the Travel Office underLearn more about this agency
Patient Financial Services. The position provides transportation to veterans and their caregivers who live in rural areas of the Salt Lake City VAMC catchment area, Salt Lake City, UT. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
NOTE: Intermittent employment is defined as non-fulltime employment in which employees serve under an excepted or competitive service appointment without a regularly scheduled tour of duty. A position with an intermittent work schedule is sporadic and unpredictable so that a tour of duty cannot be regularly scheduled in advance. Intermittent positions offer health insurance only if the employee is expected to work at least one hundred and thirty (130) hours per month for at least ninety (90) days.
- Provides non-emergent, safe transportation of staff and cargo.
- Operates and provide preventative maintenance for fleet vehicles.
- Interacts in a courteous and respectful manner with a wide variety of people each day at many locations.
- Operates several types and classes of motor vehicles including buses, trucks, lift trucks, box trucks with lifts, passenger vans, patient transport vehicles, cargo vans, towing, wheelchair buses, passenger shuttle buses, combination vehicles with weights which typically have an approximate gross vehicle weight of more than 26,000 pounds and up to 37,000 pounds.
- Drives hundreds of miles (over 200 hundred) to support various medical center conferences, state and local Government emergency response support, remedial services outings for Veterans, overnight recreational therapy outings for services, Veteran's Sports Clinics, VIP visitors and various other events throughout the counties.
- Transports patients, wheelchairs, VA Station visitors, specimens, prescriptions, medications, prosthetic equipment, supplies, laundry, and other items and materials essential to patient care.
- Maintains all records and a filing system for information relevant to the general operations of the motor vehicle activities and maintenance requirements.
- Performs routine preventive maintenance checks, washing, cleaning and service of all vehicles.
Work Schedule: Intermittent On-Call
DESIGNATED DRUG-TESTING POSITION: Applicants tentatively selected for VA employment in a testing designated position are subject to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment. Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment with VA. Applicants will not be appointed to the position if a verified positive drug test result is received.
NOTE: CPR requirement can be provided by the VA and does not need to be a prerequisite.
Recruitment & Relocation Incentives: Not authorized
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/535199200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.