The Human Resources Officer (HRO) has full delegated authority and responsibility forLearn more about this agency
the planning, direction, coordination, operation, and internal evaluation of the VA Medical
Centers (VAMC) Human Resources program.
- The incumbent serves as the full and reliable advisor and consultant to the Medical Center Director, Chief of Staff, Associate Director, and Associate Director/Patient Care Services, and their subordinate supervisors and managers in the management of human capital.
- The incumbent takes a proactive role in meeting the needs of top management and facility in a timely and cooperative manner.
- The incumbent is involved in the overall management of the VAMC as evidenced by chairmanship or membership and active participation on various committees, Resources Management Board, Executive Leadership Council, Workforce Development Council and others.
- Participates with management in the annual Strategic Planning and Budget Reviews Sessions and ensures that resources are used effectively.
- The Human Resources Officer directs a complex HR program that impacts the ability of the VAMC to provide health care services to Veterans in two states.
Work Schedule: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Human Resources Officer/PD03295-0
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: May be authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position. Occasional travel - Approximately 5%
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/535177600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.