The FTC is seeking a consumer protection attorney for its Northeast Regional Office (NERO) in New York. NERO executes the Commission's antitrust and consumer protection programs. NERO's consumer protection attorneys work to stop unfair, fraudulent and deceptive business practices in the marketplace. The staff investigates alleged violations of law, represents the Commission in federal district court litigation, negotiates settlements, and conducts litigation before Administrative Law Judges.Learn more about this agency
If you are selected to fill this attorney position in the Northeast Regional Office, you will work primarily on enforcing laws related to consumer protection matters. You will perform a variety of legal duties including:
- Making initial determinations as to whether matters should be investigated;
- Determining legal theories and plans for investigations;
- Conducting and managing investigations, including interviewing and deposing witnesses, and reviewing and analyzing documents;
- Working with economists and experts;
- Drafting complaints, memoranda, briefs and other documents, such as discovery requests and responses;
- Preparing for trial, litigating, and negotiating settlements in consumer protection matters;
- Representing the FTC in trials and hearings;
- You will also perform special assignments as directed.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/535133400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.