This position is located in the Department of Policy and Evaluation (DPE), Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC).Learn more about this agency
Although the position is advertised equivalent to GS-12/13, MCC uses a pay banded system to compensate employees. This position is pay band 4B/4A which is generally equal to GS-12/13.
- Manages DPE's procurement and contract administration portfolio and provides advisory assistance to program managers during development of procurements and implementation of contracts, and oversight of assigned acquisitions.
- Serves as department's procurement and contracting technical expert, providing advice to staff in areas that require interpretation of acquisition policies and procedures, and serving as the liaison between DPE and the Contracts and Grants Management Division (CGM).
- Manages and updates Excel database tracking budget requests and contracting actions across divisions. Ensures alignment between program office, contracting office, and finance office records. Responds to queries regarding the status of a particular budget request or contracting action.
- Reviews contract procurement or modification packages for completeness prior to entry into contracting system; provides feedback and support to revise as necessary.
- Educates and assists staff in developing complete purchase requisition packages and understanding the Federal acquisition process.
- Conducts market research and develops recommended source lists.
- Delivers the acquisition package through the procurement and contracts system (Oracle, CCMS-POMS, CPARS) to CGM.
- Plans, prepares, and conducts analysis to facilitate completion of long range acquisition planning documents, including tracking procurement metrics and data to identify existing or potential acquisition concerns and recommend corrective action or preventive measures.
- Develops, consolidates and/or prepares briefing and background materials on procurement, budget, and contract management issues to enable management to make timely decisions.
- Manages relationships, expectations, and communications to enhance program success, including communicating and collaborating internally and externally to understand business strategies and future initiatives to determine future acquisition needs.Serves as a Certified Contracting Officer Representative (COR).
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/535111500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.