The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.
See Other Information for LocationsLearn more about this agency
WHAT IS THE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DIVISION? The mission of IRS Information Technology is to provide leadership in the delivery of information technology solutions that anticipate and meet enterprise-wide needs by empowering employees to deliver customer-centered, value-creating systems, products, services, and support.
WHAT DOES A COMPUTER ASSISTANT DO? As a Computer Assistant you will devise solutions to conventional problems usually covered by standardized or established procedures. Your efforts will influence the efficiency of processing services and adequacy of products used by other agency functions. The work also has an impact on the design and efficiency of methods and procedures established for existing, revised or new local applications.
As a Computer Assistant you will:
- Participate in the planning and delivery of a full range of customer support services related to print operations, electronic document management, media management, problem reporting and resolution.
- Monitor systems status and performance, observe and respond to system messages, and resolve operating problems, failures and malfunctions.
- Monitor program processing and adjust workflow by reconfiguring equipment.
- Identify a variety of hardware and software issues related to set-up, data collection, system malfunctions, power up/down, file backup and recovery.
- Analyze requests and write modules for extracting, sorting, reformatting, and merging data.
- Operate test equipment to assist in the diagnosis and correction of computer network problems.
- Maintain records and inventories of maintenance contracts, communications equipment, lines, wiring, and services.
- Prepare detailed and comprehensive reports of equipment malfunctions and corrective actions.
If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov/
Occasional travel - 1-5 nights per month may be required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/535051500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.