The Defense Acquisition University (DAU) is the recognized leader as a corporate university, advancing the use of technology in all areas of education. Faculty members are "thinking partners" with customers and students, continuously improving product and service delivery to provide the right knowledge and skills at the point of need. This position is for the Professor of Systems Engineering, providing mission assistance, classroom offerings and on-line resources.Learn more about this agency
Serves as a Professor of Systems Engineering Management with extensive engineering knowledge and experience in the engineering management of large and complex military systems.
Performs as a "thinking partner" and consultant with acquisition customers and students, continuously improving product and service delivery to provide the right knowledge and skills at the point of need through mission assistance, workshops, classroom offerings and on-line resources.
- Creates content and coordinates with learning asset and technology divisions, which have central responsibility for development of curriculum, to modify assets and delivery methods as needed.
- Develops and conducts lectures, cases, simulations, workshops and field trips.
- Leads and facilitates student discussion, problem solving, and presentations.
- Prepares course materials (student and instructor) according to current instructional systems design technology and develops course schedules
- Develops and analyzes student assessments, and provides student counseling to ensure the highest degree of learning.
- Develops or contributes to development of onlinc assets that customers can leverage in the absence of direct access to DAU faculty.
- Participates in professional research to ensure curriculum currency and to enhance the skill set and processes in your field of expertise.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/534909500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.