The incumbent serves as the Auditor for the Northern Arizona VA Health Care System having diverse and complex organizations and multi missions, some of which include operations of a substantial medical nature with continual fluctuations in programs and which require specialized accounting treatment and frequent changes to accounting requirementsLearn more about this agency
- Examine and tests operational records and controls to obtain sufficient and reliable evidence of financial system reliability.
- Conduct audits of small internal operating programs in which there is latitude in the way the processes and systems are designed and implemented.
- Adapt methods and techniques to solve a variety of problems that occur.
- Prepare a variety of reports and recommendations based on findings
- Independently prepare audit reports covering assigned audit.
- Prepare supplementary documentation to support findings which may be controversial and require major program modifications.
- Performs comprehensive financial and compliance audits, analysis, and evaluations of the financial operations and related procedures.
- Reviews Accounting, Payroll, Voucher Audit, General Post Funds, Patient Funds, and Property, Plant, and Equipment, Agent Cashier, Budget, Purchase Card, and certifies their adequacy, accuracy, and propriety.
- Evaluates the current system of internal controls to detect weaknesses in control procedures and recommends remedial action.
- Assures that Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards are enforced, and that financial transactions are accurately recorded to ensure full disclosure of current financial conditions at the Medical Center.
- Functions as the team leader of audits that may require Medical Center staff as part of the audit team.
- Develops audit protocols and train the team and review the findings of the team for compliance with the protocol and consistency with the audit plan.
- Appraises and evaluates, from a financial operational viewpoint, the accounting and financial systems, policies, procedures, functions, and transactions to ascertain the effectiveness and productivity of those operations.
- Plans and carries out the broad range of work, relying on supervisor only to review completed assignments.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8am-4:30pm - Full Time
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: 100200
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary and is done in an office setting except when inspecting work sites.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/534855400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.