This position is in the Office of Enforcement and Compliance Assurance (OECA), Office of Civil Enforcement (OCE), or Federal Facilities Enforcement Office (FFEO). The location will be determined after a selection has been made for the position; if selected, you must work at one of the locations stated in this announcement. The salary will be commensurate with the location. About OECA Webpage.
One or more positions may be filled.Learn more about this agency
At the entry level of this position, you will:
- Review alternative and sometimes conflicting engineering/scientific techniques of an advanced nature for their effectiveness and efficiency and suggest technical requirements necessary to support the advanced analytical objectives.
- Evaluate standards or criteria for adequacy, considering emerging scientific knowledge, technologies and changing needs, and recommend new standards as appropriate.
- Direct data and analysis surveys and reviews and evaluates related technical data, applying information received to update and revise the guidelines and standards or amend studies currently underway.
- Conduct on-site and desk inspections, investigations and audits of regulated industrial and production facilities and large global companies occasionally in adverse conditions for compliance with applicable regulations, permits, or other federal requirements, according to Agency policy and procedures.
- Conduct extensive and detailed reviews and analysis of complex data, documents, and variety of records. Involves manipulation and in-depth consideration of large data and document files for determining compliance with complex regulations.
When entering a Federal job at a grade level lower than the highest promotion potential level, you may be promoted to more complex duties and work more independently, as your career progresses.
Occasional travel - You may be required to travel less than 25% of each month.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/534761400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.