The Digital Communications Technologies Specialist has a unique opportunity to influence the FTC's digital outreach. This position on the Web and Digital Strategy Team in the Office of Public Affairs (OPA) implements new approaches to digital communications and runs day-to-day content operations for FTC.gov. OPA devises and implements public affairs and communication campaigns that promote the FTC's dual mission of protecting consumers and ensuring competition across the economy.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Manages and publishes content daily to FTC.gov in a timely, accurate manner using the Drupal web content management system in response to requests from OPA and internal customers in bureaus and offices agency wide. Identifies and resolves content and technical issues.
- Creates solutions in collaboration with bureaus and offices to improve their web and digital content - its structure, presentation, design, functionality, user experience and effectiveness. Creates new web pages, new mini-sites, web graphics, new functionality, and other new digital content as needed.
- Works with multiple content formats and delivery systems and supports OPA efforts to integrate multi-media into its outreach. Creates content strategy and executes video production, graphic design, marketing, and social media projects.
- Collaborates with contractor on improvements and bug fixes to the Drupal system, including developing and implementing the test/QA protocol. Performs routine testing and QA and develops and maintains content updating procedures. Works with contractor to troubleshoot issues. Maintains Drupal expertise and provides training and support to FTC staff.
- Leads the evaluation of emerging technologies and provides assessment on adoption. Develops and consults on web solutions arrived independently by listening to internal and external feedback and proposing and developing solutions that meet functional requirements and customer needs.
- Provides advice and input on the development of digital communications strategy, technology solutions, policies, governance, and other digital communications matters; uses metrics, customer feedback, usability testing, and other evidence to make recommendations
- Develops and monitors benchmarks/KPIs for performance of digital outreach. Uses analytics tools such as Google Analytics to perform research and analysis for insights into user behavior to drive improvements to web and other properties. Analyzes customer experience across channels weekly and monthly as well as the effectiveness of campaigns and makes recommendations for greater reach and effectiveness.
- Uses knowledge of SEO, web search engines, and content best practices to direct the improvement of content and site structure to improve search indexing and result page placement.
- Works with OPA colleagues to create and implement growth strategies to increase traffic to and engagement with digital and social media properties.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/534748600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.