This Digital Communications Technologies Specialist position is located in the Office of Public Affairs (OPA) on the Digital Communications Team. OPA is charged with devising and implementing diverse public affairs and communication campaigns that promote the FTC's dual mission of protecting consumers and ensuring competition across the economy. This includes developing and managing digital outreach via FTC.gov, related web properties, and other vehicles and technologies.Learn more about this agency
As an Information Technology Specialist (INET), you will perform the following duties:
- Designs, tests, develops, updates, and maintains content for FTC web properties and other digital media on a daily basis in a timely, accurate manner. Identifies and resolves issues.
- Responsible for the day-to-day publication of content to FTC.gov using the Drupal web content management system in response to requests from internal customers in bureaus and offices agency wide.
- Collaborates with and supports FTC offices with requests for changes in their web content - its structure, presentation, design, functionality. Creates new web pages, new mini-sites, web graphics, new functionality, and other new digital content as needed.
- Manages and develops the Drupal web content management system, including site building, themeing, permissions and account management, in collaboration with contractor. Troubleshoots issues as they arise in collaboration with contractor. Maintains Drup expertise and provides training and support to FTC staff.
- Develops and leads the implementation of a test/QA protocol for use when changes are made to the Drupal system, e.g. module upgrades, feature change. Performs routine testing and QA.
- Develops and consults on web solutions arrived independently by listening to internal and external feedback and creating solutions that will meet the functional requirements of users and meet industry best practices and standards.
- Researches, recommends, and improves processes and procedures related to the development and management of digital content.
- Stays abreast of trends in digital communications and federal requirements. Works to ensure that web content and functionality complies with Section 508, federal and FTC requirements, and IT security requirements as defined by OCIO.
- Gathers stakeholder, user, and customer feedback through the use of web statistics, focus groups, surveys, usability testing. Based on the gathered data, analyzes, recommends, and implements web improvements to improve the agency's web content and services to improve functionality and customer experience.
- Collaborates with OPA digital team (Website Manager, Web Content Manager, Digital Design/Content Specialist, Social Media Specialist) on a regular basis and on special digital content projects.
- Communicates clearly, effectively and accurately to explain complex technical matters to non-technical colleagues. Provides recommendations, reports, and presentations.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/534748500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.