This position is located at a Pacific Northwest Research Station with responsibility for supporting research managers, research social scientists and economists in the use of geospatial technology, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), and data collection, analysis, and display for research related to the human dimensions of ecosystem management.Learn more about this agency
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Simon Kihia at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-732-7846.
- Duties listed are at the full performance level.
- Oversees data life cycle management to help achieve social science research objectives.
- Coordinates input from scientists to determine type, amount and level of information required to develop and analyze social, economic, and ecological geospatial and tabular data to inform research related to ecosystem management.
- Assesses quality, compatibility, and limitations of various data used in a wide array of social science economics research efforts.
- Develops data dictionaries, data models, and metadata for multi-disciplinary information and geospatial applications.
- Provides expertise and makes recommendations on the development and application of geospatial analysis processes, protocols and solutions to research projects within the Station?s Program area.
- Compiles socioeconomic, natural resource, topographic, and cartographic data for creation of thematic map products and presentation materials for research scientists .
- Provides advice on the implementation, management, analysis, and use of geospatial information.
- Serves as technical point of contact and maintains liaison with the other appropriate specialists in the station, researchers, Regional Office (RO), Federal, State, and local governments;.
Occasional travel - 1 or 2 days will be expected for this position. This may include an overnight stay. No camping is expected. These types of travel will probably not be more than 3 trips a year.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/534708800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.