This position is located in the Division of Consumer and Business Education (DCBE), within BCP, Federal Trade Commission (FTC). DCBE is a dynamic communications shop responsible for developing and marketing educational materials so consumers know their rights in the marketplace and to help businesses comply with the FTC laws and regulations.Learn more about this agency
The Visual Information Specialist in DCBE helps create online and print materials for use in national and regional campaigns on consumer protection topics. The employee must demonstrate proficiency in design and illustration using a variety of software applications, including Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Bridge, InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop) and Microsoft Office Suite, and works in HTML/CSS. Duties include:
- Designs, lays out, and produces a range of consumer and business materials in digital and print formats, including websites and pages, brochures, fact sheets, bookmarks, infographics, reports, email campaigns, logos, signs and posters, event materials, electronic presentations. Works closely with DCBE and Bureau staff to develop conceptual approaches for design of digital and print materials. Creates designs that accurately interpret and effectively communicate the subject in ways that clarify the topic. Uses a variety of sources to research subjects, and uses a variety of graphics and design software to design and produce visual material. Must be proficient in design and illustration using a variety of software applications, including Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Bridge, InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop) and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Provides printing support, which includes working with the Government Printing Office, GPO-approved printers and fellow designers to prepare print-ready design files, review and approve proofs, maintain and update internal systems and records, follow up on job quality and completion, and suggest alternate printing techniques for common products.
- Serves as a Drupal CMS editor for content websites, including loading and editing content, loading images, and troubleshooting formatting.
- Revises existing and develops new print and online materials in a collaborative environment. Works with content owners throughout the design process.
- Applies section 508 principles to all deliverables.
- Knowledge of UX principles and human centered design.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relations with a variety of personnel inside the agency. When needed, helps clients define goals and requirements. Works under tight deadlines.
- Uses oral communication skills to develop and maintain effective relationships with diverse points of contact inside the Commission. Must be detail-oriented, highly organized, and a team player.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/534613200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.