Provide technical knowledge and expertise area-wide, in the application of the principles, practices and techniques of the compensation program which involves the processing of a wide range of pay plans, multiple shifts or irregular tours of duty, overtime, hazard duty, FLSA, leave entitlements, etc. Position reports to a Supervisory Human Resources Specialist within the Division of Human Resources, St. Michaels, Az.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as a consultant to management on all compensation matters with independent responsibility for resolving controversial and/or complex types of cases
- Provide advice to management relative to compliance with the law, achieve correct compensation results, avoid unnecessary costs, and foster an understanding of statutory compensation entitlements and regulations.
- Interprets and applies laws, regulations, policies and practices to provide advice and guidance to management and employees
- Provides authoritative technical assistance and solutions to problems typically referred by civilian payroll technicians on various complex and/or difficult compensation issues
- Advises management and employees on various pay schedules; i.e., General Schedules, Federal Wage System, locality or geographic pay, special salary rates, pay limitation, allowances, differentials, hours of duty, work schedule, premium pay, Fair Labor Standards Act overtime pay, grade and pay retention, etc.)
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the Region's Payroll program; interface and interact with other IHS HR Centers, IHS Headquarters and the DHHS Defense Finance Accounting Services; Serve as point of contact for required program reports and requests for information
- Works independently on complex data gathering, checking, manipulation, analysis, reporting and data quality tasks to generate complete and accurate reviews/reports for quality assurance
- Define and develops data quality checks or assessment to enhance the compensation and payroll programs; identify and/or analyze program deficiencies; filter and "clean" data to locate and correct code problems
- Review payroll audits and provide training/orientation to service unit staff, management and Human Resource staff
- Establishes criteria to assess program effectiveness, develop methods of measurements that provide a valid assessment of the programs in meeting goals with activities to correct deficiencies and ensure ongoing compliance with higher -level protocols
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/534605200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.